Cue "Pomp and Circumstance"

Welcome back my couch potatoes. I stand before you, virtually in my cap and gown with my cords around my neck, looking like a rainbow. I'...

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Look! It's me

Hey Everyone! I’m Meghan, and welcome to my blog Look, Listen… Lay Low (however, my last name is pronounced “law-low”). Here I will be writing about entertainment like TV shows and movies. I will especially be writing about musicals and music (my specialties). And I hope you don’t mind, I am a working musician so I will be posting some of my own work as well.


Image result for hi I'm olaf gif


Have you ever binge watched a TV series then, at the end of a season they leave you on a cliffhanger, so you click to watch the next one but there is no next one? Well it seems you’re all caught up! But I always get worried. Is there another season? Is this the last episode ever? Has the show been CANCELED?!?!?! Or you may be a more rational person, and less of a worry-wart and wonder, when the next season will premiere... which makes more sense. Then there are those who just finished a series and do not know what to watch. Well, here’s a list of some of my favorite TV shows and their premiere dates coming up this fall.


Image result for cw crossover gifs


Arrowverse
Arrow (Oct. 15)
The Flash (Oct. 8)
Supergirl (Oct. 6)
Black Lightning (Oct. 21)
Batwoman (Oct. 6)


I like to think these superheroes as new favorites because they are not as huge as Superman, or Wonder Woman. However, CW sure has brought them out into the light. Each show focuses on one superhero or a team of heroes, but what I like most is that they all have some sort of unique central theme. The Flash has a strong sense of family and positivity while Arrow revolves more around reality and heavy burdens.


Personally, I love watching the Flash, not because of my huge celebrity crush on Grant Gustin or my love for physics, but because along with the action, there is always some sort of humor that rings in my head and has me laughing the next day. New to the team this fall is Batwoman. Kate Kane is filling in the shoes of her cousin Bruce Wayne (Batman) as the new dark knight of Gotham City.


Image result for dancing with the stars season 28


Dancing with the Stars (Sept. 16)
After taking a break for a year, Dancing with the Stars is back. ABC has announced the celebrities participating this season, but you have to tune in to see who their professional partner is (something I always enjoyed finding out). This season there is Kate Flannery, known for playing Meredith from The Office, Kel Mitchell, comedian from… , Ally Brooke, singer from Fifth Harmony, and much more. I personally love watching Dancing with the Stars because I like seeing the development of the stars skills whether they knew how to dance or not. This is a great show to watch with the rest of the family, and you get to see cool fun dances and also touching sentimental ones.


Image result for 13 reasons why gifs


13 Reasons Why
For a more mature audience, Netflix has already released Season 3 of 13 Reasons Why. The first two seasons revolved around Hannah and her mystery of her suicide and her story, However, season 2 left off on a disturbing cliffhanger with Tyler. Season 3, however, this season seems to revolve more around Bryce Walker. Still, the show progresses by showing the present and sing flashbacks. And there seems to be a new girl in town during Clay Jenson’s Senior year.


Image result for the good place gifs


The Good Place (Sept. 26)
Do you believe that there is some sort of afterlife? Like that everyone’s soul is going somewhere after they die? Well, The Good Place is exactly that. It’s where all of the people that we praise for being saints or at least did mostly good getting to live in paradise. The place is so pure you can’t even curse! But how did Eleanor Shellstrop end up here? There must’ve been a mix up. Her immoral behavior, to her corrupt job, to her toxic death, she definitely deserves to be in the Bad Place.


These are just some of my favorite TV shows to watch. Click here to see the dates of other shows premiering this fall, both new and ongoing.

Link to images:


10 comments:

  1. I like how all of the suggestions you gave cover a wide variety of audiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a new show to watch and I've heard about a few of these shows. I'm going to start watching Arrow! Thanks for the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Personally, I'm not the biggest watcher of TV, but I love how you express your opinions and can't wait until you cover musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that almost all the shows were a complete genre to each other. This gave the impression that anyone could find something they like from this blog. I also watch a lot of the shows on this list, so it's fun to know that someone else likes them too. Maybe give some reviews on some old shows in the future. But for sure keep giving suggestions. I'm always looking for something to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay but you have really great taste in tv shows, it's very diverse and would appeal to a variety of people. Also,the good place is amazingggg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog, really likes, written smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your descriptions of the shows are great! I don't watch a ton of shows, but everything you say about them gets me pretty intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tv shows are huge right now, so it is a really good topic to talk about, the descriptions for each show is done well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for more posts on this blog! I love movies, musicals, and music, so I'm excited to see what else you review! it looks like you got something for everyone here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your descriptions are great! can't wait for more content!

    ReplyDelete