Cue "Pomp and Circumstance"

Welcome back my couch potatoes. I stand before you, virtually in my cap and gown with my cords around my neck, looking like a rainbow. I'...

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Remember When We Made it Shine... Good Times

Hello my Couch Potatoes! Welcome back! I was thinking about doing another post about TV shows but then I realized that I never did a post on music... and like that's my forte. (I'm so proud of myself, I finished my second composition for my college portfolio...yay! Here's the score if you want to check it out—yes, self promo) After all my intentions for this blog is supposed to be on entertainment and music does fall under that category. So I will save my TV show post for some other time. However, my TV show idea kinda inspired this post. Anyway it's time for music to make a spotlight appearance on my blog. So you better look, listen, and lay low (hahaha—I think I'm funny so I laugh at myself a lot hehe).
Image result for haha gif

The end of the decade is approaching. An end of an era. And for me, the year of 2020 will be whole new chapter with graduating and being an adult and everything (even though I still look like I'm 13-years-old). Even though I will technically an adult soon, many of you, my couch potatoes, will feel are already feel like your childhood has kinda already ended.
Image result for high school musical gifs

Were you one of those kids that would stand up to dance and sing along whenever a movie like High School Musical came on? Well I was, and I still am (no shame). Now we see posts on Instagram with clips of favorite TV shows when we were little, memes about silly bands or even tik toks with songs from when we were younger. Here's a list of some of my favorite songs from TV shows that you'd probably see me jamming out to in the car, in no particular order.


  1. "Make it Shine" -Victorious
  2. "Take a Hint" -Victorious
  3. "Introducing me" -Camp Rock 2
  4. "Everyday" -High School Musical 2
  5. "When will my Life Begin?" -Tangled
  6. "The Climb"-Hannah Montana the Movie
  7. "A Whole New World"-Aladdin
These are just some of my favorite. Here's my spotify playlist of more of my Childhood Jams. Let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions of songs I should add. Until next time, keep laying low, my couch potatoes!

(P.S. Let me know if you guys think if I posted some of my composition pieces here. Like if you would be interested in listening to them or even knowing my process or something. 😁)

Images:

3 comments:

  1. I love the variety of songs you have in your playlist! From Take a Hint to The Climb, they are all bops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got flashbacks when you put "Introducing Me" AHH I used to love that song! I think it would be cool to see your process for your compositions, it's something I've never explored before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those "Only early 2000's babies would know..." posts. Aka starter-pack-turned-media-of-the-era-cults. Same tho, and like old Taylor Swift songs like "You Belong With Me" or "Love Story"? Classic. Also, just fyi we need permission to see your composition :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete