Cue "Pomp and Circumstance"

Welcome back my couch potatoes. I stand before you, virtually in my cap and gown with my cords around my neck, looking like a rainbow. I'...

Monday, December 9, 2019

It's that time of year...

Welcome back my couch potatoes! I know I usually give you guys a little update about myself, but I think I'm just going to jump right into today's blog topic... Christmas songs!

I love Christmas. With the lights, hot cocoa, cold whether, being with family and friends, and caroling. Of course, I celebrate the religious purpose of Christmas, being the devoted Christian that I am. But still, I loved to tune my radio to the station that plays the classic Christmas songs like "Jingle Bell Rock" or even just singing a jazz version of "Let it Snow" for Chamber choir/the choir at our school.
Image result for justin bieber mistletoe gif
But to be honest with you, I do get a bit tired of these classics, don't you. I hear everyone singing them including famous singers that create a cover of it. Aren't there any new Christmas songs that will be if not as good then better than Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas"? Or at least will become a classic of themselves. Well I sure do hope so. Here are some of my favorite original Christmas songs.

"Underneath the Tree" - Kelly Clarkson
"Mistletoe" - Justin Bieber
"Santa Tell Me" - Ariana Grande
"Like it's Christmas" - Jonas Brothers
"It's not Christmas Without You" - Victorious Cast (Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande, Liz Gillies)
Image result for victorious christmas gif
Of course I have to add a little blast from the past. Take a look at my Christmas playlist on Spotify. I have also added some of the classics but I will be adding more songs as we get closer to Christmas.

Honestly, these songs are kinda inspiring me to write my own Holiday song. We'll see depending how busy I am with college auditions and homework. Until next time, keep laying low, my coach potatoes.

Images:
JB
Victorious

4 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas playlist and how you tied this blog to the time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been needing new Christmas songs!! Thanks so much for the recommendations, great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot express how much seeing "welcome back my coach potatoes!" makes me smile, I think that is the CUTEST reader name. Also, I def think you should write your own Christmas song and link it here so we can listen to it heehee ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations! Ill be sure to add these songs to my Christmas playlist

    ReplyDelete