Cue "Pomp and Circumstance"

Welcome back my couch potatoes. I stand before you, virtually in my cap and gown with my cords around my neck, looking like a rainbow. I'...

Monday, February 10, 2020

If this is love... it's NOT easy

Welcome back my couch potatoes! It's been a while since my last post so let me catch you up a bit on my personal life.
Image result for ukulele gif
I've been doing college auditions nonstop! I literally have one every weekend since the second week of January, and of course, being me who is really just sick and tired of this place, decided to apply to only out of state schools. So road trips lots of road trips and overnight stays for me! Honestly though it's getting easier and easier as they go on. I don't really get that nervous anymore (*knock on wood*; *tocca ferro*). I have been busy busy busy between current school work and college but I made sure to make time for a little song writing to share with my couch potatoes to keep this interesting. Here are the lyrics of a chorus of a potential song:

I close my eyes feel the air rushing around me
I hear the truth, the silence consoles to
As everything lies still, the chaos starts to build
With my head held high, I take a sigh
'Cause my time is here

This part is in F major (if any of you are wondering) and I'm too self conscious to put a video of me singing so this will have to do. But let me get to what I wanted to share with y'all today.
Image result for valentine's day gif
I feel that Valentine's Day is such a commercialized holiday, but still very important to have every year. I think that this day forces you to let the people you love know that you love, care, and appreciate them. Because I know, that sometimes it's hard to show it or say it or even just make time to do either of those things. Honestly, Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays because I'm a big advocate for relationships, and I think this holiday helps strengthen all sorts of relationship, not just romantic ones. I, for one, will be single this Valentine's Day (possibly, I never know 😉) but there's still a ton to do with other loved ones like your friends or even your siblings (don't bother your parents... they should be alone with each other... if they are still together... I'll stop typing now). So here are some date ideas to do this Valentine's Day, which can really be done with anyone!
Image result for watching movie gif

1. Watch a movie

The classic movie date. Where you can watch a rom-com or be weird like me and watch Gotham instead. Really pick any thing to watch, what ever you and your date are in the mood for. And if you want to go out, you can take it step further like Mr. Eric Matthews from Boy Meets World and do a "dinner-movie, movie-dinner, dinner-movie, movie-dinner" *walks into a fence*. So a dinner before the movie, movie during dinner, or dinner after the movie are all options. Or instead of going out, you can stay in and just watch on your tv, laptop, projector and get comfy! Honestly, the options are endless.
And if you're having trouble picking a movie, some good one are:

Romance Stuff:
Kissing Booth
To All the Boys I Loved Before
To All the Boys P.S. I Still Love You (coming out Wed.)
After
Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List
Crazy Rich Asians

Classics:
50 First Dates
10 things I Hate About You
Breakfast Bunch
16 Candles
She's the Man

Other: 
Anything Disney tbh
Little Women (highly recommend watching)
Image result for carpool karaoke ed sheeran gif

2. Carpool Karaoke

You don't have to be good to enjoy singing. Honestly, it's more fun everyone tries to sound bad. From past experience, singing brought me closer to my loved ones. I think it really shows a hidden part of you that not many people know about. So for this Valentine's Day make a playlist, find a date or grab a couple of friends and sign your heart out to One Direction or Aretha Franklin. Or create a playlist of a bunch of duets to sing with the special someone (I'm gonna cry because I loved singing duets with my past bf😢). Or better yet just make a playlist for you to sing to them (I like this one even more). That's why I love music so much, because you can show so many different emotions through song. So drive around aimlessly, (but still on the road) and sing your hearts out! Here's a wide variety of love related songs. It's a playlist I made long ago when I was in the feels but I kept it up to date.
(Note: only do this if the one driving has a license and a car that is allowed to be used)
Image result for can i have this dance gif

3. Dancing

I'm literally giving you guys all the date ideas I did with my past bf... lol. Anyway, I think of dancing the same thing as singing... the fact that it lets you share something hidden with another person. Make a playlist and dance like no bodies watching with your friends. Or if you're with that special someone, look up how to waltz or whatever, or just slow dance to that special song. Or create a playlist just for the two of you to dance together and look into each others' eyes. Dancing brings people together through physical touch which what makes dancing and singing different in my opinion. But still, dancing is a great way to spend time together.

Of course there are more ideas, but these are some that I would like to share with you guys. I wanted to do something different than the reviews and playlists I give you guys. I hope you all have a love-filled Valentine's Day.

Until next time my couch potatoes. Look, listen, and lay low.

Images:
Lilo and Stitch
Snoopy
Spongebob
Ed and James
HSM3

3 comments:

  1. The ideas that you gave sound super fun! Also, good luck on all of your college stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those song lyrics are really good!! I wish I could hear it in its song form! If I had someone to do these date ideas with, I would because they all seem super fun :) Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some really cute ideas! I'll totally do them...by myself. Which is, honestly, probably just as fun. Good luck on your auditions, by the way!!

    Also, I'm sure everyone would love to hear you sing those amazing lyrics ;)

    ReplyDelete